A Handy Fly Control Guide For Your Peoria Home
November 25, 2022
No one wants to swat away flies while enjoying dinner with their family. Unfortunately, these pests often invade residential properties and cause massive problems for homeowners. Today we’ll discuss how to prevent flies from taking over your residential property and what you can do to get rid of them once they invade.
Or, if you’re looking for a quicker solution to your fly problems, turn to the professionals from Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators. We’re committed to helping property owners keep their homes protected from pests of all kinds. Reach out to us today to receive effective Peoria pest control services year-round.
Characteristics Of Common Flies
Whether you’re dealing with tiny drain flies or large house flies, it’s helpful to understand the differences between the many types of flies that invade homes. Below are a few of the most common flies in Peoria and how to identify them:
- House flies are large insects with dull gray bodies and two distinctive darker vertical markings on their backs.
- Fruit flies are tiny pests that may have brown, tan, or black bodies with black or bright red eyes.
- Bottle and blow flies are larger than house flies and have distinctive shiny black, green, blue, or bronze bodies.
If flies are causing problems around your Peoria home, you need professional pest control services from Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators. Contact us today to find out how we handle pest problems of any size!
The Health Hazards Of Flies In Your Home
If there’s one thing you should know about flies, it’s that they are incredibly unsanitary pests. Flies feed on a wide range of materials that are a breeding ground for bacteria, such as feces, sewage, and decaying matter. Once flies enter your home, they spread the bacteria they’ve picked up on their bodies all over your food items and countertops. These pests are known for spreading more than 65 diseases to humans, including cholera, typhoid fever, and tuberculosis.
Six No-Sweat Fly Prevention Tips For Around The House
Flies are scavenging pests that will eat all kinds of decaying matter, including rotten fruit, garbage, and feces. There are many tricks to get rid of flies, but the key to fly prevention is removing factors that may encourage them to invade in the first place. Here are six ways to reduce the fly populations around your Peoria home:
- Always seal your garbage cans with tight-fitting lids and store them away from your exterior walls.
- Avoid leaving food items (such as open soda cans and half-eaten burgers) outdoors after picnics.
- Store pet food in airtight containers and avoid leaving uneaten pet food out overnight.
- Prevent flies from entering your home by installing screens on all your doors and windows.
- Clean up after your pets when you take them outdoors to do their business.
- If you own fruit trees, pick up fallen fruit regularly to prevent it from rotting and attracting flies.
Although prevention tips are a helpful way to minimize fly problems, they won’t eliminate a fly infestation for good. The most effective way to control and prevent flies is with a professional pest control plan from Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators. Our technicians understand how to eliminate flies and prevent them from returning. Get in touch with us today to request your free inspection.
Professional Pest Control Is A Great Fly Control Solution
Flies are annoying pests that no one wants to deal with. Thankfully, the professionals from Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators are here to help! With several decades of experience within the pest control industry, we have what it takes to handle many pests, including flies. Don’t allow flies to contaminate your food items and cause problems in your home. Instead, partner with our skilled technicians today to keep your Peoria home pest-free all year.