The Best Way To Keep Rodents Away From Your Peoria Home
January 20, 2023
It only takes a few rodents in your home to put your health at severe risk. Read our expert tips below to prevent these invasive pests from getting inside your home. Then, if you find yourself fighting an infestation, call us at Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators to take back your home with the best Peoria pest control services.
The Types Of Rodents That Commonly Invade Peoria Homes
The different types of rodents that call Peoria home have acclimated to living with humans. Threats to their safety or environmental changes can eventually push them indoors, where they have no problem making new nests. In Peoria, these rodents include:
- Deer mice
- Meadow moles
- Norway rats
- House mice
Though different rodents have unique traits and behaviors, their ideal living conditions overlap: they need warmth, food, water, and hiding places. Unfortunately, our houses provide all of those things. If you suspect mice are in your home, call Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators ASAP to have a professional evaluate your situation and begin working on an extermination plan.
The Many Problems A Rodent Infestation Can Create In Your Home
The defining characteristic of rodents is their teeth. Their incisors are constantly growing, so rodents frequently chew to keep them in check; this means wood, fabric, and even wires risk being damaged or destroyed in your home.
While property damage is a severe problem, it pales compared to the diseases rodents carry and pass on to humans. Rat-bite fever, monkeypox, and hantavirus are only a few illnesses they can cause. Direct contact with rodents, bites from the parasites they carry, or the air and food they contaminate with their waste will transmit their diseases.
These diseases can have dire consequences. Our technicians include decontamination as part of our five-step service plan. We work with you to ensure all the dangers posed by an infestation, including contamination, are dealt with safely.
5 Easy Yet Effective Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around The House
Preventing a rodent infestation from taking hold of your home doesn't have to be expensive. You can spend countless dollars on traps and other products and hope they'll keep rodents away. But if you follow these five tips, you'll find that effective rodent control is more a matter of being proactive around the house than anything else:
- Seal cracks and holes in your home's exterior: Rodents can squeeze through tiny openings, so look for and fix these damages first.
- Maintain your lawn: Part of outdoor rodent control is eliminating places they can hide on your property. Keep your grass trimmed and pick up fallen debris like leaves and branches to deter rodents from nesting near your home.
- Keep your garbage cans closed and locked: Rodents will gleefully eat trash, and an open bin gives them plenty of food. Keep them out by keeping a lid on your cans and locking them.
- Repair leaks in your home: Rodents need water just like us, so they build nests near water sources.
- Store your food correctly: Rodents will chew through plastic bags and cardboard containers if they smell food inside; ensure to seal everything, even in tall pantries or refrigerators.
Contact The Professionals For Total Rodent Control For Your Home
Prevention is always important, but what can you do if rodents are already inside? That's when you need professional home pest control on your side. Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators have everything you need to reclaim your home. Our technicians work closely with our customers during every step of the process to craft a genuinely comprehensive treatment plan. Contact us today for a free quote.