The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Moline Home
January 15, 2023
Mice are among the worst "guests" that can grace your home. They smell, they're noisy, and they're dangerous. So to avoid having to live with an infestation (and to prevent dire consequences), learning how to keep mice out of your house should be a top priority. But what if you think you're already living with a mouse infestation?
As leading Moline pest control experts, we want to help homeowners like you avoid the stress of dealing with a mouse infestation alone. We wrote this guide to help you identify mouse infestation signs and keep mice away for good. Read on to learn how to keep your home safe, and call Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators when you need the best mouse control services in Moline.
How To Tell If It's Mice In Your Home
If this is your first time dealing with an infestation, you might not know what pest is in your home. However, keep a close eye on things, and you'll soon see that mice leave clues wherever they go. They include:
- Droppings are tiny (about 1/4th of an inch) and grain-shaped: Some pests have similarly shaped feces, but mice will defecate in the same areas repeatedly, making large piles.
- Mice need to chew frequently due to their constantly growing incisors: As a result, they'll gnaw on most materials and objects in your home, including electrical wires.
- Mice have poor eyesight, so they run along walls to guide them throughout the house: Over time, filth from their fur builds up and leaves long trails where they travel.
If you're still unsure if it's mice, call our experts, and we'll schedule an inspection. Our technicians will quickly identify pests and the evidence they leave behind.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
Mice are well known for making people sick throughout history. But there's a common misconception that mice need to bite you to transmit disease; this is a dangerous myth that we want to put to bed.
While contact with mice is one way they spread disease, they also contaminate the air, food, and surfaces throughout your home. Their presence alone is enough to harm your health seriously. If you call Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators, we'll review how mice spread disease and how you can stay safe before and after extermination.
The Best Way To Get The Mice Out Of Your House For Good
Taking a DIY approach to fending off mice will get you nowhere. To effectively end an infestation, you need a comprehensive strategy that will target all mice at once, not just a few at a time. Our five-step pest control approach does just that, including follow-up inspections to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
How To Prevent Future Mouse Infestations In Your Home
Once the infestation ends, you must enact preventive measures to stop mice from returning. Fortunately, these measures are mostly a matter of good housekeeping. Stick with these habits, and mice will be much less likely to return to your home:
- Seal and store food to minimize exposure: Mice nest where they can find a food source, and your kitchen gives them plenty of options.
- Clean up clutter inside your home: If a mouse can destroy something, it can use it for nest materials. Paper and fabric items, in particular, should be taken off of floors.
- Eliminate holes and cracks in your home's walls: Damage like this provides mice with an easy entry point.
Of course, pro mouse control is your best option for eliminating an infestation. Let Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators give you peace of mind through our thorough approach to pest removal. Our proven home pest control methods put your needs and concerns above everything else. Call us today to learn more and get a free quote.