A Helpful Guide To Rodent Control In Quad Cities
March 30, 2023
Nobody wants rodents running around their home. These destructive little animals can cause a lot of problems that can put you and your family in danger. If you have a rodent problem and are struggling to get them to leave, Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators knows what you should do. We provide one-of-a-kind pest control in Quad Cities and can help to ensure that your home is rodent-free.
Common Types Of Property-Invading Rodents In Quad Cities
Many rodents live in southeastern Iowa and central Illinois. Usually, the rodents in this area will try to stay as far away from humans as possible. However, when you are not around, they will invade your property to look for food, water, and shelter. Some of the different types of rodents that you are most like to see if you live in the Quad Cities area include:
- Mice: These are one of the common types of rodents that residents in the Quad Cities have to deal with. They will sneak inside your home, vehicles, and storage buildings and cause a lot of damage that can be expensive to repair.
- Voles: Voles are often mistaken for field mice. However, they have a rounder bodies, smaller eyes, and smaller ears than most mice. Voles burrow underground and can destroy your plants and landscape.
- Moles: This type of rodent also likes to spend all of its time underground. Moles have small, round bodies, tiny eyes, and pointy noses. They also have large front "hands" that allow them to dig into the ground to search for worms, grubs, and other insects.
- Rats: The Norway rat is the most common type of rat found in the Quad Cities area. This rat will gnaw on anything that it comes in contact with.
- Squirrels: This is another rodent that will chew on anything that it can find, including the wires and cables around your home.
Many of the rodents on this list are not only able to destroy your property, but they are also known to carry and spread diseases. It is important to make sure that rodents stay outside where they belong.
All The Factors That Attract Rodents To Your Property
Rodents will come to your property if they think there is a reliable food and water source available or if your property can provide a safe place for them to take shelter. Some things that may attract rodents to your property include standing water, open garbage cans, and pet food or livestock feed left out in the open.
Five Effective Tips To Prevent Rodents
If you want to keep rodents from hanging around your property, try these tricks:
- Keep a tight lid on your outdoor trash cans.
- Remove bird feeders from your yard.
- Remove tree limbs and other debris from your yard.
- Seal up all gaps and cracks that are around your home. Make sure to check for potential entryways around your roof and attic as well.
- Keep all pet food and animal grain in metal containers with lids.
In order to keep rodents off of your property, you will need to make sure that rodents are unable to access shelter, water, and food.
Call The Professionals For Quality Rodent Control
It can be dangerous to try to eliminate some of the common rodents by yourself. If you are struggling with a rodent problem on your Quad Cities property, give us a call today. At Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators, we can get rid of the rodents on your property for good.