Defending Against Sparrows: Proven Methods For Effective Prevention In Normal
November 6, 2023
It takes a lot of time, money, and effort to keep your property in tip-top shape – so the last thing you want is for someone, or something, to mess it up. But for home and business owners near Normal, IL, there's a good chance sparrows may ruin your hard work.
Pest bird infestations are a considerable challenge, wreaking havoc in homes, yards, and commercial buildings. Proper bird control in Normal is critical if you want to avoid unnecessary hassles, especially for the common sparrow species found in our area.
This guide can help you take a stand against sparrows with effective prevention and mitigation methods. Once you understand some key sparrow traits, we dig into the details of prevention and control.
For now, let's start with the basics.
Distinctive Sparrow Behaviors: Key Traits For Accurate Identification
Pest birds include any type of non-native bird species with a strong drive to live near human habitations. Sparrows, in particular, are a problem in Normal, measuring approximately six inches long with gray bodies, white cheeks, and brown streaks across their heads and wings.
Sparrow nests, droppings, and general activity can cause a lot of problems for humans (more on this later), so it's a good idea to understand their behaviors and accurately identify them early.
Here are some of the most common characteristics of sparrows:
- It's common to spy sparrows in large, active groups around food sources.
- Sparrows tend to noisily squabble over food crumbs (or for any reason, really).
- Sparrows are opportunistic when building their nests and use thread, string, paper, wool, feathers, and any other materials they find suitable for their young.
- While some birds build large nests out in the open, sparrows prefer to situate their nests in holes, crevices, and cracks.
If you have a sparrow problem around your property, you need to seek out bird pest control near you. The longer you wait to get the help you need, the more dangerous your environment may become.
Understanding The Sparrow Nuisance: Why You Want To Keep Them Away
Sparrows are both opportunistic and adaptable, which allows them to flourish in urban environments like Normal. Not only do their droppings spread sickness and disease, but they can also pose fall hazards to customers or family members.
Sparrows can gain access to all but the best-sealed homes and structures. Their nests can get in the way of stoves, dryers, and fan vents or clog drains, gutters, and downspouts around your building.
If you're tired of sparrows gaining the upper hand (as well as being constantly noisy), you can use the following prevention steps before contacting Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators Inc. for a bird control service.
Sparrow-Proofing Your Property: Tips For Effective Exclusion
It's time to show sparrows who's boss around your property.
Keep them far away from your building by:
- Sealing your home: Placing screens over all vents, drains, and other openings can deny sparrows opportunities for nest building.
- Decreasing food sources: Decrease the amount of food sources around your property (such as bird feeders) to decrease your chances of attracting sparrows.
- Sealing garbage: Covering garbage tightly can reduce the ability of sparrows and other pests to access garbage and the food it offers.
Remember: Quik-Kill Eliminators Inc. professionals have all the latest in home pest control methods to help you deal with sparrow infestations. Get in touch with us today to chat about solutions for your Normal home.
Professional Sparrow Control Services: The Benefits Of Expertise
Pest bird infestations can be extremely difficult to address. Thankfully, the team at Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators Inc. knows exactly what to do. We use a slew of useful treatments and professional exclusion resources to effectively remove any sparrows from your home.
If you're dealing with a sparrow infestation near your Normal property, you can call Quik-Kill Pest Eliminators Inc. for bird control near you. Drop us a line today to learn more about our treatments, so you know what to do when sparrows invite themselves over.